Bob Hill will be leading this first ride out of the season: Please be ready with a full tank, or 100 miles worth of fuel, to depart prompt at 9.30 from Dragon Road Car Park. The first stop will be the popular biking Café at Bellerby along traditional route through Ripon. All wide sweeping A roads which most of us know well.
The route then goes North through Richmond, Staindrop, West Auckland, through Weardale then over the tops South to Middleton in Teesdale for Lunch Stop.
A lot of A roads and some B roads with a final drop into Middleton on an unmarked but wide unregistered road.
In the afternoon we will go over the moors to Brough along A and B roads to stop for Fuel in Kirkby Stephen. (approx. 100 miles from start) From Kirkby Stephen we go by B roads to Hawes and then over the top (weather permitting) to Buckden, Kettlewell and Grassington to finish at Stump Cross Caverns.
This is a route with some great biking roads and has extensive views from the high level roads between Weardale, Teesdale and Wensleydale.
Total distance about 150 miles
Roads, mainly A and B roads with short sections on the narrow stuff.
Please note: the route may change depending on the weather conditions.
Subscribe to our emails
- Message from Yorkshire Air Ambulance October 18, 2021
- Petition on Bike Movements in Europe October 18, 2021
- Motorcycle Live NEC 11 December October 18, 2021
- Abbey Run Sunday 17th HAB Ride Out October 10, 2021
- Monday 4th October Meeting October 2, 2021
- Croft Auto Classic Motorcycle Race Weekend Sunday 3rd Oct October 1, 2021
- HAB Weekday Ride Out, Wednesday, October 6th 2021 September 29, 2021
- Proposed Joint Ride with Other Groups September 21, 2021
- Welcome To Harrogate Advanced Bikes
- About Us
- The Course
- The Club
- Join Us
- Current News
- Event Calendar
- Biker News
- Contact Us