Bob Hill will be leading this first ride out of the season: Please be ready with a full tank, or 100 miles worth of fuel, to depart prompt at 9.30 from Dragon Road Car Park. The first stop will be the popular biking Café at Bellerby along traditional route through Ripon. All wide sweeping A roads which most of us know well.
The route then goes North through Richmond, Staindrop, West Auckland, through Weardale then over the tops South to Middleton in Teesdale for Lunch Stop.
A lot of A roads and some B roads with a final drop into Middleton on an unmarked but wide unregistered road.
In the afternoon we will go over the moors to Brough along A and B roads to stop for Fuel in Kirkby Stephen. (approx. 100 miles from start) From Kirkby Stephen we go by B roads to Hawes and then over the top (weather permitting) to Buckden, Kettlewell and Grassington to finish at Stump Cross Caverns.
This is a route with some great biking roads and has extensive views from the high level roads between Weardale, Teesdale and Wensleydale.
Total distance about 150 miles
Roads, mainly A and B roads with short sections on the narrow stuff.
Please note: the route may change depending on the weather conditions.
Subscribe to our emails
- Early Day Motion in support of the extension of CBT certificates February 18, 2021
- Minutes of committee meeting 18-1-21 February 17, 2021
- Chairman’s Spring (nearly) message February 17, 2021
- HAB Official Club Rides January 5, 2021
- 2021 Subscriptions January 4, 2021
- Chairman’s Christmas Message December 16, 2020
- Sunday Ride Postponement. December 11, 2020
- Sunday December 13th HAB Ride Out December 10, 2020
- Welcome To Harrogate Advanced Bikes
- About Us
- The Course
- The Club
- Join Us
- Current News
- Event Calendar
- Biker News
- Contact Us