Sorry folks, anyone planning to come on tomorrow’s ride-it’s off.
Some riders have pulled out already and I’ve been on another recce today too. It was -4 with hard frost on the side roads, iced-up slush in places and I was tiptoeing around, as if avoiding pot holes was bad enough. Haworth had snow a couple of days ago and it’s still on the ground. The forecast is -2 again tomorrow. Apologies to anyone hard-core enough to give it a go. The main roads are clear, but I’m convinced it’s not safe conditions for the ride so I’m putting it off again.
It’s a lot to ask in January but roll-on some warm clear weather!