IAM and Harrogate Advanced Bikes Membership…
4 simple steps to IAM and H.A.B. membership:
1. Contact us through this site to discuss anything about the club or the advanced riding process and register your interest.
2. Go to the IAM Skill for Life web page: and navigate through the site to the section for motorcycling advanced rider course
3. Complete the application process indicating Harrogate Advanced Bikes as your preferred club (current cost is £149)
4. IAM will advise us that you have joined and provide your contact details. A member of our team will contact you to arrange an initial meeting and progress your training.
You’ll have then joined both the IAM and Harrogate Advanced Bikes and paid for your advanced test!
When we receive the H.A.B application we will reserve you the next available place on one of our courses. Our courses are very popular and fill up fast, so we recommend you don’t delay. The sooner you join, the sooner a place in our training course will be reserved for you!
Frequently Asked Questions…
- Who is eligible?
Anyone with a full UK motorcycle licence and their own motorcycle capable of sustaining the national speed limits.
- What bike do I have to have?
Any bike that is capable of sustaining the national speed limits is fine.
- Am I too old / young?
If you hold a valid, full UK motorcycle licence then age is NOT an issue! Wanting to learn more about motorcycling safely and progressively as well as enjoying your biking more is all that’s needed. Harrogate Advanced Bikes have members of all ages.
- Who should train?
Anyone who can recognise some of the following about themselves or their riding:Bad habits
Years since formal instruction
Lack of confidence about some aspect of your biking
Feel you could be a better rider
Feel you can learn no more!
Want to increase your chances of safety on the roads
Have returned to biking after a number of years off
Feel your bike is more in control than you
Have trouble riding in adverse weather / traffic situations
Want to ride with other motorcyclists safely
Want to get more out of your bikingIn short, anyone with a full licence who rides motorcycles, trikes or sidecar outfits!