Start – Dragon Lorry Park, Harrogate 9.00am for 9.15 am prompt start.
- Harrogate out on Ripon road to Boroughbridge via Lingerford.
- Boroughbridge to Aldwark [Toll Bridge-Free for motorcycles].
- Aldwark to Alne, join A19 then pick up B1363 to Brandsby.
- After Brandsby take Right Fork to Hovingham.
- Hovingham to Slingsby and take Right turn to Castle Howard for Coffee Stop.
- After coffee Left turn to pick up A64 then 1st Right to Kirkham Abbey.
- Onto Langton then North Grimston and take Left Fork onto B1253.
- Straight over staggered crossroads at Duggleby.
- Through West & East Lutton, Weaverthorpe, cross over the junction with B1249.
- Wold Newton – Burton Fleming then Hunmanby for lunch at the White Swan Pub.
- Leave Hunmanby, (possible fuel stop) join A165 and left @ roundabout to Filey.
- Into Filey town centre for a ride along the Coastal Promenade.
- From Filey rejoin the A165 for Scarborough.
- Straight through Scarborough over Valley Bridge [known as “The Suicide Bridge”].
- Keep on A165 heading out to Whitby.
- After Cloughton [Approx 20 miles] left turn onto Helwath Road for “Harwood Dale Forest Drive”.
- Continue on through to “Dalby Forest Drive” [Approx 18 miles].
- Exit Dalby Forest and turn left toward Thornton-le Dale.
- Possible stop at Thornton-le-Dale for a famous Ice-Cream and a look at Mathewsons of Bangers & Cash fame!!
- Continue on A170 to Pickering then Kirbymoorside [Possible fuel stop].
- Continue on A170 to Helmsley, Sutton Bank, then Thirsk.
- Left at roundabout in Thirsk to join the A19 then immediate right to join the A168.
- Take left filter lane to stay on the A168 to Borougbridge for route end at Morrisons.
Total 181 miles. Please come with full tanks and empty bladders !!
Note: Time permitting, possible detour to “Olivers Mount” for a circuit of the racing track/road, then ride along Scarborough Seafront, South & North Beach promenades to rejoin the A165 towards Whitby.
Rideout Leader – Roy Beniston mobile: 07539 690 274
T.E.C (Morning) Barry Ring mobile: 07847 786 608 (Afternoon) Paul Dresser 07515 910 223